Monday, July 4, 2011

Walks in June

When I look out my kitchen west window this is what I see across the road
This is where the horses are


Heathy waiting in the kitchen at the door for a hand out


Early part of June---in the evening
One of great nieces took Heathy and I for a walk---this is her trying to get Heathy to sit for a picture

She is such a cutie



Mid June---those barns are made of corigated metal (roofs) and particle board (sides)---I'm so amazed that they survive the winds here


My companion on this adventure---I carry a water bottle for him

Time this day was around 11am---if you look carefully you an see the moon in the sky still


Something that I noticed right away when we moved here was the HUGE SKY---its every where and it's BLUE---you feel so small some times


Tons of farms/fields and sky--they call Montana 'big sky country"---I don't know but I'm pretty sure we can out beat Montana any day


Well plowed gardens


I found this really funny---an Amish sign (there are no Amish in this area) right next to a modern truck, hahahaha---oh the irony




This is those barns with the corrigated metal and particle board 

Christmas Tree Farm (pine trees)


Ok when I saw this I laughed. I know I have an odd sense of humor some times, but I thought oh my those kids must be pretty rough for the highway people to warn passerbyes about the kids, hahaha

One of our nieces house--beautiful view from their home---this is where we helped make the pheasant pens and took care of the pheasants last year


Me and my walking companion

This is one of our great nephews with Heathy---they're pals

These horses are right across from our nieces house---the horses were quite interested in Heathy, but Heathy could care less



The field and barn across from us

This is where we live--notoce the huge mud piles? These were caused by reckless drivers and a large amount of rain fall



Our humble home---don't ask me why there are tires on the roof---I have no idea---maybe it's to keep the roof on when the wind is strong

Spectacular sunsets here---we're blessed to be living on the west end of town where we can see them so well---our kitchen, living room and hall windows face west---very pretty views

The evening sky

Just above our neighbors home, the view




This day it rained on my way to Lethbridge--you can see the rain coming down in the distance

You can see it better here

On the way back home I decided to stop and take a picture of these gorgeous horses---they look like work hourses

The one to the left was very interested in what I was doing

So interested that he came right up to the fence---maybe he was a camera hog

He certainly posed well---he leaned as far out of the fence as he could





These are calves on my way back home


Oh how can any one refuse that sweet face---not me




Heathy's birthday--him eating some icecream---he really enjoyed that


Another sunset 

Mae, Melissa, and Heathy 

The Welcome sign that you see when you come into Raymond---it's the home of the first rodeo in Canada

Mae and Heathy posing near the church while we were walking



The day we went to Lethbridge to get a reconditioned refrigerator because ours broke down---that's my handsome husband

Down the street from us one of the neighbors has a yard full of daiseys---appearantly they were not planted, but this breed is actually weeds






This is a Chinock--see the cloud arch--this is one of the things that infulences our weather

bird in a tree---loved just watching and listening to it and the others

Old wagon



Every one was interested in making new friends


The local hospital

You can see how windy it was this day by looking at the flags

ironically across the street from the hospital is the rodeo grounds---I wonder if that was on purpose???

and yet another wagon---I wouldn't tell you what Heathy did to the wagon after I took the picture---but I think you can guess

Down-town Raymond---very small down town--this shop here says "Crafts n More"---they sure mean more---they have crafts, sewing, house wares, some tools, flowers (flouist)...
Further down the street is the small grocery store--similar to Tops (back home) when it was small---but it connected to the hard ware store--every store in the town is a multi store---ie the quilting store is where they sell bikes and skate boards

Liliacs--dedicated to my mom who loves them




Melissa and Heathy hanging out

No comments: